Monday, February 25, 2013

Where did February Go?

I spent a good part of the month of February busy with new projects at work with my new team in M&A (that's merger's and acquisitions) Tax Consulting. Wait...that's not true. I spent the better part of February working on an old project with a team of people with whom I've never worked, wishing I were with my new team in M&A Tax. But the project came to a delightful close and I'm back on my new floor, with my new team, doing the kind of work that I feel great doing.

Aside from work, my life has become busy busy busy. I am now serving as the Relief Society President and I never cease to be amazed by how much energy it consumes. I am growing to love the sisters whom I serve, and I have a great presidency. Currently, my personal goals are to just figure out a balance and be able to live a healthy lifestyle. I'm struggling a bit with all of that currently, but I'm confident I can get there. Really awesome miracles are happening, and I know that really awesome miracles can happen in my own life.

Despite all of my busy-ness, I managed to still see the Imagine Dragons in concert. They have become a band to which I love to listen, and I was really excited to see them. I definitely recommend them live (Dan, the lead singer, runs around the stage banging on all kinds of drums). They are a younger band, and I did notice a couple times when they weren't quite as tight as I would have liked, but it wasn't noticeable to my friends. I guess that's what happens when you grew up listening to your brothers' band practicing (my parents were awesome).

I also helped with the epic Valentine's Day surprise in which my roomie's best friend flew into Dallas. He was here for a job interview, but I almost think he would have come even without it. Good times were had, and I almost convinced him to move from LA to Dallas on the condition I would subsidize his fashion designing by letting him live in our loft rent free. Almost.

Additionally, I decided a change was in order and freshened up my bathing space. I've had the same bathroom decor since I was a freshman in college (about 8 years) and am very excited to unveil my new, fresh space. Thanks to my friend A who helped me decide which curtain to choose, and planted in my mind the idea that a purple color for rugs would do. When I went to the store to buy (thanks Target!) I had my heart set on a bright blue or pink, but when I put the curtain against these dark purple rugs I knew it was meant to be. The white towels I think finish it off and help it look clean and fresh. I'm inspired every time I walk in my bathroom these days. Did I mention I think it's fresh???

 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOVE!!!!! It looks soooo good!! Definitely so fresh and so clean clean.