Thursday, May 31, 2012

up in smoke

one of my favorite movies is the devil wears prada. and one of my favorite scenes is when nigel and andy are in the room with all the copy and talking about working for a magazine. they start discussing so called "work/life balance." andy says, "my personal life is falling apart." nigel quips back, "that's what happens when you start doing well at work. let me know when your entire life goes up in smoke. then it's time for a promotion."

well, apparently it's appropriate that i'm getting promoted. that's right. my entire life is up in smoke.

all kidding aside, i chuckled to myself tonight while thinking about some of the hard things i'm going through. some of them are self-imposed, others not so much. mostly all of it is exacerbated by working my tail off at work. which, incidentally, is paying off because i found out today officially i'm moving up in the public accounting world.

please hold the applause. because now i'm just trying to salvage a friendship, learn to forgive myself, and just keep swimming.

okay, maybe a small round of applause wouldn't be TOTALLY unappreciated...

4 comments:

Camille said...

Congrats! A small round of applause from me to you. I know you will work everything else out, in it's time. You are awesome.

Alex said...

Congrats and *hugs*

Tali Nay said...

consider this a round of applause!! congrats, friend! we must catch up soon.

Suz said...

I think you deserve a HUGE round of applause. And everything will work out. Learning to forgive yourself is one of the hardest lessons...that you keep learning over and over again. I miss you and love you dearly. I can't wait to see your face in a few weeks. You are amazing. I am so proud of you!