I log into my blog, maybe once a week, and think of what's going on in my life in hopes of coming up with something brilliant to write. I generally concede that nothing interesting is going on and avoid writing anything that would cause anyone to snooze. I am, however, getting comments on my lack of posting, so I suppose a quick update will do.
I am officially on a loan staff engagement at work. That means that I am loaned to the client for a small fee of $100 per hour to prepare their tax returns. I report directly to the client, the client will write my review, and I forego most PwC extras (like recruiting). I'm happy because I have a steady flow of 40 hour work weeks for the next few weeks, but I also dislike being out of the office for a number of reasons.
I officially reached my 1 year in Dallas mark. It came and went without much ado, as expected.
I got news today that I have tickets to General Conference in April. I'm going with my dear friend Stefani, and all we have left to do is actually purchase the tickets. I'm excited to see my brother Matt and sister The Suz, if only for a few hours, that weekend. One of these days I'll take a long weekend to Utah and enjoy time with all my family. One day.
The extreme weather possibilities in this part of the country never cease to amaze me. We've had 11 degree weather (Thursday) and 70 degree weather (today) all in the same week. I'm excited to report there are no longer any crazy winter storms in the near future here in Dallas. I get incredibly stir crazy when trapped indoors with WORK to do. If I could have lounged and slept and read, that would have been different, but alas we are mobile workers.
I played my first game of Whirly Ball last night, and I must say I am completely hooked. It is a brilliant combination of bumper cars, basketball, and scoop ball. Absolutely brilliant. I intend to repeat the playing of the genius game as often as possible.
Other than that, I'm still single, still employed, and overall still quite content with life. I can't ask for more than the latter.
3 comments:
Isn't Whirlyball the greatest!?!
That will be fun to go to Utah for conference! Can't wait to see you this weekend :)
so glad you've been introduced to whirlyball, friend!!
Post a Comment