I went to Sonic and got my large Diet Dr. Pepper with easy ice for a grand total of $0.91. Brilliant.
I went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and found not only a blender and food processor, but a blender and food processor in one. It was on sale 30 percent off. I also found an apron (I lost mine in the moves somehow) on sale for 50 percent off. I bought both, with two 20 percent off coupons, for a grand total of $69.26. I saved over $40!

I then ventured to Target. I don't know why I like to buy my milk there, but I do. It usually has the furthest expiration date into the future. I wandered around a bit because, well, Target is awesome. I ended up back in the outdoor stuff area with a small thought that I should buy some patio chairs for my little balcony. I found some for 30 percent off. I thought about it, stewed about it, even pulled one off the stack and sat on it. And then I decided that I should only buy one, not two like I had initially thought. I grabbed the chair, flung it over my shoulders, picked up my milk, and spent a grand total of $20.73.
Then came the hard part. I now had a chair that did not fold up and I have a compact car, complete with gear shift in center of front. My trunk is a pretty good size, but not very tall. My back doors open far, but are not wide. I tried every which way. I spent over 10 minutes in the parking lot trying to finagle that damn chair into my car. I can't imagine what everyone was thinking who passed me by. But, the hard work, head scratching, rearranging, and not-caring-what-anyone-else-is-thinking attitude paid off. It was a very uncomfortable 5 minute ride home, but totally worth it.







No comments:
Post a Comment