House
Not sure that I need to explain much here. The plot of each episode is perfectly acceptable, but it's more the interactions of House that I appreciate. I'm sure that's the general consensus of House fans, but just wanted to clarify that for all you non-House fans. As if there were such a thing.
Bones
Apart from some very beautiful cast members, there is solid character development over the years. Dr. Brennan has evolved into this incredible character who wants to badly to reconcile the rest of the world's ideas of human emotion with her own very scientific observations. It is a constant struggle, and I love watching. It is, also, quite funny.
Sex and the City
I recently re-watched the entire series from beginning to end. Of course there are several unsavory circumstances which we could all do without, but once again the character development and the writing is brilliant. We can all relate to Carrie's search for her Big love over the 6 years of the series, 10 if you count the movie. It's also pretty funny.
Gilmore Girls
It's the only TV show that I own the entire series. That says a lot. Once again, the fast paced wit, coupled with constant references to pop culture, creates a very great dialogue in each episode. The mother-daughter relationship, and their subsequent romantic relationships, tug at your heart strings.
Arrested Development
I quote this all the time, and it's so sad that very few people catch on. This short lived comedy was light years ahead of its time. So unfortunate, but you gotta love Michael Bluth's family. Gob is pretty awesome, but I think my favorite is Buster. "Hey brother..."
1 comment:
Or, you could also say "hey hermano..."
I totally agree with you. Brilliant show, and totally under-appreciated.
Is under-appreciated a word?
Post a Comment