Monday, July 12, 2010

New Client, New Team, Great Fun

I'm sitting at lunch with my new engagement team at the client's lovely cafe last week. The cafe makes THE best grilled cheese and I MUST get one tomorrow...I digress...

I'm sitting with my new team. We started discussing how my brother the musician thinks he will enjoy accounting (no offense, Pokeybassist, but really I can't see you sitting at a desk for the rest of your life). He is the most brilliant person I know, and interestingly enough completely right brained. That led my manager to explain about one of her best friend's career choice. As if it were the most natural thing to say, she stated, "He went to circus school in New Zealand for a couple of years, majored in acrobatics and minored in clown."

I almost spit out my food, I was laughing so hard. It is a true story. He did do all of the above, and ironically is practicing accounting in Los Angeles right now. But let's go back to the fact that you can GO to circus school and actually MAJOR and MINOR in something, not even mentioning that those things could be acrobatics and clown of all things.

It has become the great entertaining story of the engagement thus far. I can already tell it's going to be a brilliant few months.

3 comments:

Ben said...

In case you haven't noticed, I've been sitting at a desk for the past 6 years (6 years ago today, as a matter of fact, I started at the Hartford).

Kat said...

Well I know, but I didn't think it would last much longer...

Suz said...

Maybe Ben needs to try out Circus School...