Monday, July 12, 2010

One of Those Days...

Yesterday was, well as my title states, one of those days. It started out relatively fine. I woke up at a decent hour, made and ate a delicious breakfast, and proceeded to get ready for church. It all went downhill from there. In the following sequence, the day went a little something like this:
  1. I forgot to put on mascara.
  2. I was 10 minutes late to my meeting.
  3. While playing the opening song on the organ, I made such a horrifying mistake that the congregation didn't even know where they should begin. I, of course, made a funny "ack!" face drawing a bit of laughter from everyone (which was kind of the point...have to laugh those things off, I say).
  4. While sitting in my seat down in the congregation while the speakers did their thing, my foot proceeded to fall asleep moments before it was time to play the closing hymn. I was wearing my brand new, 4 inch black heels (they are amazing), and I subsequently almost face-planted it when I got up to go play...three times on the way up to the stand.
I definitely had my fair share of awkward moments in addition to these major blunders, but all in all, it turned into a pretty decent day. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Alex said...

No mascara??? Oh the horror!!! LOL ;) Sorry about your bad day, looks like we both had a rough go of it yesterday! (Though mine was purely stupidity on my part... at least yours was just plain bad luck!)

Tali Nay said...

oh my gosh. this literally made me laugh out loud. "and the clouds opened up and God said, 'i hate you, kathleen.'" way to hang in there, friend.