We ventured into Deep Ellum today to grab a bite at Cowboy Chow. While it used to be a pretty happening part of downtown, it has gone way downhill during the last several years. Unfortunately, many great restaurants, including Cowboy Chow, Angry Dog, Deep Sushi, and St. Pete's Dancing Marlin, are all located in Deep Ellum.
I mentioned, naively, that this part of town would be fun to add to a newly started Finer Things Club, Carrollton 4th Chapter, activities list. I was quickly told that I should never venture to Deep Ellum after dark, no matter how many boys I take with me. All the drugs contribute to a treacherous night on the town, complete with muggings and murders occurring regularly. I brushed it off.
After our delish meal at Cowboy Chow, we ventured to our car parked on a street just one block east of where the restaurant is located. Mind you, this is 1 p.m. in broad daylight. We walked passed an abandoned building, when someone from inside cat called us (we were three ladies). We each ignored, as a true lady would do. Within 10 seconds, someone jumped up against the window so hard it caused the glass to shake. Once again, none of us reacted until we got to the car. We jumped in quickly and got out of there as soon as we could.
Was it a druggie? A homeless person? We weren't sure, but it couldn't have been someone we would have wanted to meet face to face considering they're hanging out in abandoned buildings in the middle of a Friday.
I definitely won't be going to Deep Ellum after dark.
No comments:
Post a Comment