We'll sum up the update in a signature list:
- Been working out at a client for the last few weeks and will be there until May 15 deadline is met. Then it's back to the office for another engagement for a month and a half. Then it's back on another client from July until October 15. I just keep checking to make sure my desk hasn't been given away yet.
- Half of my apartment flooded when I was out of town. It was caught by the downstairs neighbor when it started flooding his/her apartment. Luckily the only carpet it flooded was my closet. Three days later and I'm finally listening to the glorious sound of silence (no more blowers!).
- Discovered today that as a resident of the beautiful Addison, TX, I have the privilege of using the Addison Rec Center Gym gratis. If I want to take a class, I have to pay for that, but the classes are only around $2 a class. That's pretty legit. I'm thinking of doing a high-intensity aerobics class (don't judge) or a spin class (that scares me).
- Will be traveling to SLC next weekend to see my adorable new niece's blessing. Hopefully I can see a few friends too (if my sister will let me leave!).
- Rediscovered the joy of aunt-hood this past weekend when I got to spend some quality time with my brother's family. His kids are pretty much awesome.
- Enjoyed every minute of General Conference.
- Learned today what I need to do to officially become a Texas resident (oh the pain that fills my heart). I have to surrender my Oklahoma drivers' license. I wonder if I can bribe them into letting me keep it as a keepsake. I'm guessing that won't work, but it's worth a shot, right? Apparently I was supposed to register my car 2 months ago and should have already applied for a new license. Until I get new tires, however, I will not be registering my car (it won't pass inspection), and new tires won't happen until...well...I think I can do that this weekend...
- I am the lamest tax accountant ever: still haven't done my own taxes.
- I am the ward organist (yes, I said organist) at church. I've been playing the piano, but after several hints from the bishopric I'll be switching to the organ this Sunday. I'm confident I won't suck it up too badly.
- All in all, I have been enjoying my new residence in Texas (apart from the terrible drivers and the hurricane-like winds that have been driving me nuts). Now I just need to get a boyfriend. Or a dog. Something like that.
4 comments:
I got lucky. When I got my new license here in Nevada, because they send them to you I was able to keep mine. It just has a hole in it. It sounds like you are busy..I love you and Im super excited to see you next weekend.
Don't surrender your license!! I go in and tell them sorry, I lost my license but here is a photo copy. That way you can keep your old one as a keepsake and still get a new one. They'll never make you re-take the driving test (because they can look you up and see you actually have a license). It's worked for me twice now and after April 15 I'll be doing the same thing in VA!
glad you're alive. and ward organist?? wow, friend. how do you feel about it?
J: They specifically told me I had to surrender my license because it's proof that I have a license...but..
Z: That is a brilliant idea. Never crossed my mind to make a COPY! Awesome! I'm going to try it. I'm not good at making up tales, but I'll practice what I'll say so I'll not blush and give it away.
TJN: I, of course, love playing for church. It's the easiest calling in the world. However, I'm not terribly thrilled about the organ part, but it'll be fine I'm sure. Better get used to it now, right?
Post a Comment