Not necessarily in that order.
So the weather has been pretty great around here. Spring was right around the corner this week. We had beautiful 70 degree mostly sunny days where I wore a light jacket or sweater only in the mornings. I enjoyed listening to some great tunes with my roof popped and my window partly rolled down as I drove to the client on the surface streets each day. It has been fabulous.
Then the scary weather man told us that we'd have some crazy weather move in on Saturday. Pshaw, I said Friday. It's 76 degrees and sunny. There is no way that it's going to hard freeze, and it CERTAINLY won't snow. Well, sure enough, late yesterday afternoon, the light swirls began to fall. Some friends decided to plan a hot tub party. I'd never experienced it before, but apparently it's the thing to do when it's freezing cold outside, possibly drizzling, definitely snowing. So at 11 p.m. last night, yours truly sported her favorite swim suit and jumped in a hot tub with 9 other ladies and gentlemen while the snow gently accumulated on the lounge chairs.
At some point, my friend Kate and I decided it would be a good idea to follow a sprightly young gent's example and jump in the pool. He assured us it "wasn't that bad" and we foolishly believed. It WAS that bad, but can't say I regret it. Gotta live it up while you're young, right?
Apart from the crazy swimming pool jumping in moment (which I can't say I would never do again because apparently I'm insane), I'm pretty sure it was a great idea to go hot tubbing in the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment