Saturday, September 26, 2009

I've Been Bitten

By the genealogy bug!

A friend of mine blogged about her family's experience with the New Family Search. It is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. We've known that the German and Dutch lines went pretty far back, but holy cow, they go back to the 14th Century! That's the year 1370, for instance, which I think is just amazing.

Needless to say, with lines going that far back, there are several names that need temple work to be completed. My dad and I sat down for a few minutes tonight, looking into their records on PAF and comparing them with the records in New Family Search. There are definitely some additions to be made in both places.

It looks like I'll be taking up a new hobby, but I told my dad I had to wait until FAR is done.

No comments: