I wanted to pass along this bit of information I received from a friend of mine. I did know that Obama was in favor of Third Trimester abortions, but I didn't realize it went this far. I had no idea that the Freedom of Choice Act existed. While those who know me well know that I am generally opposed to abortions, they also know that I understand that there are circumstances where parents are faced with the painful decision to terminate a pregnancy for medical reasons. I see the termination of an unwanted pregnancy as morally wrong.
The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) would do the following:
1. Remove parental involvement in the abortion process. Minors would be permitted to get an abortion without their parents' consent.
2. Use taxpayer money to fund abortions.
3. Force faith-based hospitals and other health care facilities to perform abortions.
If you are interested in more information, you can go to the Fight FOCA website by clicking here and read more about it. You can also sign a petition against the passage of FOCA.
No comments:
Post a Comment