Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Snow

Today I woke up to my first "snow" in Oklahoma in over 4 years. I use "snow" liberally, as there was simply a light dusting of white on the ground. I happily put on my snow boots, coat, gloves, and llama hat from Chile, and walked to class carrying my Hot Chocolate/Cafix (like Pero) concoction.

I was highly entertained as I walked from building to building to see that instead of snow shovels or snow blowers (which admittedly would have been overkill for this simple dusting), the grounds crew was using a leaf blower to blow the snow off the sidewalk. I've never seen anything like it. And I was very surprised to find that it was rather effective.

While I miss winters in Utah, I think I'm happy with a light dusting of snow as opposed to the 1 to 2 feet of it that often fell overnight that I would then have to trudge through at 8 a.m. the next morning.

1 comment:

Alex said...

*sigh* I miss the snow too. I remember trudging through 6" of it to school back home, fun times.