Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Wedding

Katie and David's wedding was yesterday. It was BEAUTIFUL.

Gail and Katie were incredibly gracious and allowed me to design a bolero to go over my strapless dress so that when I go through the temple I will still be able to wear the gorgeous dress. The bolero turned out beautifully. Meg Guess, owner of Meg Guess Couture, designed the bolero and it matched the dress perfectly. I highly recommend her!

We spent all day Friday prepping for the wedding. Gail threw the bridesmaids a luncheon, and then we all went to The Nail Salon for manis and pedis. The rehearsal was fun and we went to Ted's Cafe Escondito for the dinner, hosted by David's parents.

Saturday was the big day. Katie and Lisa's hairdresser met us at Crown Heights United Methodist and started on our hair right away. Katie met up with us a little late and we listened to some tunes (provided by Krista) and worked on steaming our dresses, getting our make-up just right, and keeping Katie calm. When the dress arrived it was operation Dress Katie! Pictures were before the ceremony, and then we had about 40 minutes to relax before it began.

Then it was time! Lisa, the maid of honor and Katie's baby sister, became very nervous when we were lined up in the back. The roles reversed a little and Katie, the bride, calmed Lisa, the maid of honor. We all made it down the isle gracefully, and I tried my hardest to hold back the tears when Katie made her entrance. She looked so beautiful in her gown and the music was regal. The passing of the bouquets went smoothly, I played for the Unity Candle ceremony without incident (I was nervous about walking to and from the piano across the marble floor in my stilettos). Then Katie and David were pronounced husband and wife and it was over! We froze our bums off outside, lighting the path to their horse drawn carriage.

The reception at Will Rogers Theatre was so lovely. The DJ was a lot of fun and played some great music, the food was excellent, and we danced the night away. I managed to get stabbed in my right foot by a rogue stiletto, saw some old friends I haven't seen in a very long time, and had a wonderful time. Krista, Blake, Jamie, and I went out to Cafe Nova afterwards for them to have a few rounds before I drove them home.

I picked Krista up after I got out of church this morning and we went to Katie and David's open house at Mike and Gail's. They opened gifts and we partook of some delicious brunch foods prepared by Mike's capable hands.

I am so happy for Katie and David, and feel so blessed to have them as my very good friends. Congratulations and Best Wishes for a happy marriage!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Glad it all went well! I was thinking of you Saturday! I hope to be able to see some pics!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was lovely! I knew the playing would go well for the candle lighting because you're just awesome. And what fun to have a weekend full of friends where everything is planned and ready to go!