Sunday, December 14, 2008

Adding Insult to Injury...or Is It the Other Way Around?

My disclaimer to this one is that I rolled in about 4 a.m. this morning from a party for my friend getting married in a week (it may or may not have been a bachelorette party, the first for this generally conservative Mormon chick), and rolled out of bed in time to make it to my parents' 9 a.m. Sacrament Meeting and haven't really slept more than my 2.5 hours I got this morning. Therefore, my giggle reflex is slightly heightened.

We have been watching Buffalo play New York (the NFL, which I am generally opposed to watching), and the Jets are doing a marvelous job against the Bills. During one of the commercial breaks, ABC News interrupted to show a fantastic video clip of W's final visit to Iraq as President of the United States. He was giving a press conference and someone threw their shoes at him, an insult in the Muslim culture (and several others). You can see a clip of it here. I'm surprised that W seems to remain very composed, and actually finds a little humor in the situation, as I do. I started laughing uncontrollably for about 5 minutes. You can ask my parents.

No comments: