Monday, March 12, 2007

Due to Popular Demand

After a rousing demand for a post, here I am. I wasn't sure that anyone read these posts, so that's pretty much why I stopped. QZ, I'm still considering killing off the blog and just continuing to update you on my life through my emails...we'll see what happens. But just for you, here is a post!

Not much is new lately. The most exciting thing that has happened was a 52 on an exam and an 88 on another (the highest I've scored in my accounting classes yet!). I was sick all weekend and have a week of exams this week, thus making it impossible to study (as I was knocked out with some nice cough medicine). I spent the weekend sleeping/relaxing/watching T.V./listening to Jim Dale read Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. I definitely think I spent it much better than I would have if I had been well (studying). But, I feel quite confident that I'll do well despite being ill (thanks to many prayers, and not just my own!).

England boy came for a visit and left. The most exciting thing that happened between us was a big fight. I think that was a nice way to end it. I think this evening I'm going to be listening to a lovely rendition of "I Will Survive" by Cake and burning the remnants of our relationship. I've been meaning to do this for a while. I think it somehow screams angry teenager (an age that I've been past for a while now), but at the same time I feel that it is necessary. I don't know what else to do with all the crap I have from our relationship. Some stuff I'll keep to show my future daughter that I did survive love and subsequent heartache too. But, I don't feel it necessary to keep all of it. There's a limit.

Been working out this semester and I feel great! Last week I was determined to actually stick to my schedule (a feat that I have not since done since I started about 6 weeks ago). Unfortunately, I became ill and did not. My body couldn't handle it. So, if I'm feeling better tomorrow, this week will be the week to meet the goal! I know I can kick it. I'm amazing!

The most insightful thing that I have to say I am stealing from a favorite lyricist, Leslie Feist. She says that keeping a relationship going that you know shouldn't keep going is "losing your mind for the sake of your heart" in her song "Let It Die". It's very astute, I feel. And not in any way explanatory of any feeling that I'm feeling lately. I just thought it was good, okay?

That is all.

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

I did not know Feist had a first name.

Learn something everyday.

Ben said...

Time to get started again.