Okay, so maybe I'm really a study-aholic. But, I've found that I have to be. And I've found that it's really okay. I've learned so much already, it's rather disgusting, I think. Our first week of exams is in two weeks (which means it's the week after general conference which I think was poor planning on the part of our profs). All in all, I'm doing okay. It's manageable. I can do it. Thank goodness I don't have a job anymore. That would really suck. The result would most likely be certain death if I did indeed have a job this semester. Thank heavens for my wonderful parents.
I celebrated my 21st birthday yesterday. It wasn't that great of a birthday-day. But my birthday experience as a whole was pretty great. Reasons why the birthday-day sucked:
I was sick.
I had to go to class.
I had to do homework.
I got a 0 out of 10 on a financial quiz.
No word from England boy. Which really pisses me off because I not only acknowledged his birthday with a "happy birthday" but I also sent him a card and a book.
I think those are good reasons. Reasons why my birthday as a whole was great:
My sister came down for the weekend and spent all her time with me, made me dinner, and basically took care of my whilst I was showing the first signs of being sickly.
I threw myself a jamming party where I served non-alcoholic martinis, margaritas, daquiries, and pina coladas.
People showed up to said party. Quite a few actually.
Good blonde friend C showed up at my house last night and brought gifts.
My parents gave me a hundred bucks when I said I had wanted my nifty new pink razr phone to be my present. They're awesome.
I got about 13 emails and 5 phone calls just because it was my birthday.
I looked hot at church on Sunday. I'm not sure if this counts as a reason but I think it's worth mentioning.
So, there you have it. I'm doing well. I'm managing my time splendidly. And I have great friends, reasonably good health (except for the present nasty cold), and I have an awesome support system to fall back on in times of need. God's wonderful, life's great. I can't really complain.
But man am I stuffed up!
1 comment:
And I totally missed sending you a Happy Birthday email! I fully intended to. I kept seeing your name on my calendar and thinking, I've got to get an email sent! Then, the day was over and I failed. I'm SO sorry! SO...Happy Belated Birthday, Kath! Miss you!
Post a Comment