I had my first official breakdown today. A little ridiculous, seeing as how it has only been a week of this stress. I know I can do it because I'm doing it. And it's manageable. It's just a lot. And it's a lot of thinking and working and discipline. It wears you out.
All my friends are busy. Or in Tonga. Whichever. All of my girlfriends are engaged. Or engaged in Tonga. Whichever. Basically, the lonely hearts club that I so valiantly belonged to for so long decided they didn't want me back, but I don't fit in anywhere else these days. Sad, really.
England boy is still taking up too much of my life and thoughts. I have to move on and stop wishing he were here. First of all, I wouldn't be as dedicated if he were here. It's a blessing in disguise. In fact, I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways and I'm sure that this is one of them. I have to get over him. That's the plan.
I also want to really be dedicated to a good diet. If I'm disciplined in every other area of my life, I should be able to discipline this area. The only rule is, I have to eat good meals, meaning, actual meals that aren't fast food, every day. I can eat whatever I want. Except I also need to eat red meat to combat the anemia I developed last year (not so good for you, especially if you're the blood-donating type like me).
So, do I wish I weren't in the Jr. Core? Not for a second. Do I wish that England boy were here? You betcha I do. Do I know it's better that he's not here? Of course, but try telling that to my heart.
Off to bed. Homework is exhausting!
No comments:
Post a Comment