Tuesday, July 25, 2006

As Madonna Says, "Celebrate!"

Okay, so maybe that's pushing it just a little. But no, I do have many reasons to celebrate. Or just one great one. I got into my program! I know that sounds so foreign to people outside of my university. But really, they are quite picky about some programs there and mine is one of them. I think I'll put up with it, though, because it's the number 3 program of its kind in the country. You can't really beat that at the price I'm paying. It was hard, tough, and I seriously went through a lot of blood, sweat, and tears (sounds like Earth, Wind, and Fire, and that's just no good). I really am excited and nervous and everything all at once because it's going to be hard and wonderful all at once. In fact, I may die. But, I'll get through it and be educated!

On a much lower note, England boy and I are no longer a couple. He just barely got a job and that means no money to come back in the fall. Too bad, because he wanted to. But, I would argue he didn't want to enough. We are amicable, of course, as our split was for reasons that really are different than most. I figure, if it was/is meant to be, it certainly isn't for now. We both have so much growing to do and I feel strongly that the growing must occur while we are not together. We are friends, it's working out so-so, and so we'll see what the future holds. But I'm not counting on anything. God knows best! (Or was that mother? Yeah...not so much!)

My roommate, best friend, and sister will be moving out of our apartment in a few weeks here. I'm actually at home away from that whole scene, so it sucks that I don't get to go back to school and live with her. But, she's moving into a fabulous place and has a fabulous job and isn't too far away. So, we'll still see each other. It will just be weird not living with her, as I have for the past 2 years.

Other than the news, I've been here doing hardly anything. I shouldn't say that. I did some contract work for a friend's mom's office and made decent money. I babysat my nephew who was ill, hung out/continue to hang out with my good friends, and I've started scouring my parent's house because, let's face it, after 18 years of grime, it needs it! And, all the children will be leaving for good (or so my parents hope for now) this fall. I'm excited to see how they handle the transition (my parents that is, not the children).

That is all.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm so sorry about you and England boy. I miss you. And I'm in England. Does that count?? Send me phone numbers. We need to chat, missy!