Tuesday, June 20, 2006

All You Need Is Love

So the Beatles say. My friend JR yelled at me for about 10 minutes yesterday about how she believes in love and that money cannot be a reason to turn your back on love. Honestly, it was odd to hear that out of her mouth and refreshing all at once.

So the story goes: England boy and me are diminishing rather quickly. He got pretty sick and so he couldn't work. No work=no money to come back here in the fall. Him not coming back here in the fall=our relationship over? So I had made up my mind; however, my heart started yelling at me as soon as I really understood that it was actually happening, "You can't! You love him!" And thus we see that the wiles of the pocketbook keep lovers apart. I don't have the money to go to him, he doesn't have the money to come to me, and we are 5,000 miles apart. So, what are we to do? We've both admitted that while we still love each other, our feelings aren't as strong. I'm mostly afraid that I won't find someone like him again. Who knows, we could end up together in the end, but for now I just don't see that happening. And the reason it mostly sucks is because pretty much everything is going well for both of us. I mean, our relationship isn't perfect by any means, but in general there is no other reason to end it except for the tiny problem of us not knowing when we'll see each other again.

So, what to do? We talked and decided that we'd sleep on it. That was Sunday. We'll see what happens then.

No comments: