Sunday, July 01, 2012

Google Reader and Other Thoughts

I finally joined the ranks of my comrades and officially got situated with Google Reader. This had proved to be a very fortunate thing. It's like I was in the dark ages before, and now I am with the rest of the modern world. I wouldn't say it has changed my life, but it certainly has made it easier. If only I could figure out how to get those posts just emailed to me, now that would change my life. For all you private bloggers, you're totally cramping my style now.

In other news, my AC in both my apartment and my car are broken. Seeing as how I live in Texas and Summer is in full swing, it has made for a very unpleasant period of time. The car is the worst and has been broken for a couple of months now. I thought I would be able to go without getting it fixed (the part is like $250 and only one side...the driver's side...is broken). Driving home from work in traffic, the other day, I finally caved. I called and set up an appointment for tomorrow to have it fixed.

The apartment AC broke this week. Apparently there is a leak and we need a new evaporator coil. The part comes in tomorrow, so it should be fixed by the time I get home from work. In the meantime, they set me up a window unit which is happily situated in my room. The roomie has been out of town and gets back tonight. We may just be bunking together tonight to beat the heat. For the rest of the day, I plan to hang out in my room. On my bed. With the lights off. I'm grateful for the window unit, but it isn't the same as AC. Plus it kind of stinks. I really am grateful for AC when it works. I told Heavenly Father so today when I walked into a very cold chapel.

No comments: