I just finished my friend's book. Yes, I have a friend who just published a book. It's a little surreal, but mostly I feel just dang unproductive in my life. Maybe a little bit like Rory did when she realized Jess had published his first book. Gilmore Girls anyone?
I digress.
Her book is a memoir of sorts - the kind to which I think most people can actually relate. She and I were roommates during her second year of her MBA and my senior year of my Accounting degree, so I especially loved to read about those years (Both of these programs were highly competitive, and very top heavy in the dude department. We especially bonded over our mutual dislike of the chauvinistic tendencies of our classmates and program directors.)
The book follows her from K-12, Undergraduate and then finally Graduate. It was truly fantastic. My favorite parts were reading about her experience playing the lead in The Music Man in high school, her commentary on the swim suits at our conservative universities, and as mentioned her grad school experience that I watched from the outside. I had all but forgotten about some of those stories.
I laughed a lot, I got a little misty eyed, and overall enjoyed it 100 percent.
So go read Schooled. You'll love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment