Yeah, yeah, so maybe this post is a tad late, but always better late than never right? Maybe. Maybe not.
I have a new roommate. I know,all of you who know me well are chuckling to yourselves silently. You? The girl who swore her next roommate would be a boy or a dog? A roommate? Silly me, what was I thinking? I was thinking that this friend CB is pretty cool and she'd make a cool roommate. Basically she's a rockstar of a roommate. I think we do pretty well.
We have this great new apartment (one day I'll have it all nice and neat and be motivated to then take pictures and then post them here). It's a 2 bed/2 bath with an upstairs loft overlooking the living area. It pretty much rocks our world.
We have this great new plan: meet new people, do new things, and maybe one day meet someone fantastic of the opposite sex and bail on this roommate situation for a better one. I'm not really the type to be uber optimistic, but I do think that this goal of ours is the ticket for success. We've had some phenomenal results already, and it's only early February.
I have this great new attitude. Right before the holidaze, work was killing me. It didn't help that I had just taken a month off to go travel the world (who would want to be stuck at a desk 8 hours a day after that???). I thought it was everyone else's problem. And then over the holidaze I had an epiphany: my attitude sucked, and I was 100 percent in control of it. So, I made it a goal to focus on the good every day, and to be a really positive person at work. It's going very well, so far. It doesn't mean that sucky things don't happen - they do, every day. I just choose to not let it bother me.
All in all, a little new in your life isn't a bad thing. It's been a blast and one helluva learning experience. I can't wait to report on what all this new stuff brings!
1 comment:
Excellent, cousin. Excellent.
Post a Comment