Sunday, October 30, 2011

New York City

My inaugural trip to New York City was the weekend of September 24. I met TJN for a delightful weekend!

We met up at Laguardia Airport Friday night, shared a cab into the city
, and went to eat at the very exotic TGI Fridays that was on the corner near where we were staying after we meandered around Times Square for a while. Did I mention it was pouring down rain?

We got up early and went to the Manhattan Temple to do a session. It was so cool! We were both so amazed at how peaceful it was inside compared to the bustle of the city right outside the windows.

We then went to Tiffany & Co. where TJN purchased a lovely necklace.


Afterwards, we had a lovely lunch at Carnegie Deli. We opted for the Woody Allen. Best. Corned Beef. Ever.


Then it was onto Battery Park where we awaited our departure to Liberty Island to tour the Statue of Liberty.


We went back to the apartment we were renting to rest before we headed out to see How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, starring Daniel Radcliffe. It really was an awesome show, and who knew that Harry Potter could sing and dance?

Then we walked uptown to the Empire State Building. Again, it was surprisingly quiet out on the observation deck. You could tell that everyone was in awe of the city lit up at night.


Sunday morning I met a dear high school friend for breakfast, then TJN and I made our way to church. We stayed through Sunday School and then went home where I packed up. We went down to a street fair, ate lunch, and made a couple of fun purchases.

I hailed a cab and made my way back to Dallas and the real world, but it really was a great time! Can't wait to go back!

No comments: