Friday, July 01, 2011

St. Croix

A recap will occur, I'm sure, complete with pictures at a later date. Instead I'm blogging in the middle of my vacay. Why would I be doing that you ask? Well, because of the return of "the sickness."

The sickness began a couple of weeks ago. I tested negative for strep, but something was definitely out of whack with my tonsils and they put me on antibiotics anyway. I felt much better after a couple of days on those, and finished out my prescription two days before I left to visit this gorgeous island in the Caribbean.

I woke up yesterday morning with a slight tickle in my throat. I tried desperately to blame it on allergies, but mostly I was hoping more than anything. We spent the day at the beach, and about 3:30 p.m. I knew I was sick. We went to the store to get me some throat spray and lozenges, and we called some members in the area to give me a blessing. I got one, and at the urges of my mother did the nasty, yet effective, gargling with salt water routine. I felt a million times better last night. I woke up at 12:17 a.m., however, and knew it was worse. I forced myself up to gargle some more and take another round of pain medicine. I slept for another 6 hours or so and then laid in bed for another hour or so before I finally dragged myself out of bed.

I ate some food so I could coat my stomach with something before overdrugging myself on ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I gargled more salt water, but it's been a rough morning. I called my mom again and she urged me to try and see a doctor. My dear friend's dad with whom I am staying asked around his law office and called to give us a recommendation. I decided to mull it over. I asked my friend for a flashlight to officially investigate the throat. I knew my tonsils were really swollen, but thought that was about all that was going on back there. Alas both tonsils are not only huge, but covered in white infection.

I'm going to the doctor ASAP.

2 comments:

Alex said...

WOW, that is a huge bum sucky!!! I'm sorry! =( Hope you get better soon and can enjoy the rest of your trip!

Suz said...

So SORRY Sis! I hope you get it worked out so you can enjoy your vacay.