Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 21: A Recipe

My brother and I commented this summer that one of the best sounds to wake up to in the morning was Mom using the hand-held mixer. It meant we were having waffles for breakfast, a definite favorite in the family. I actually was home last night to make something for dinner, and since I didn't have much to scrounge up, a couple of friends and I made waffles to break our fast. Here's Mom's recipe.

Waffles

1 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 to 2 eggs
1/4 c. oil
1 c. milk

Combine dry ingredients. Mix in oil, milk, and egg yolk to dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until light and fluffy. Gently fold egg whites into mixture. Pour into pre-heated standard waffle iron, and keep in mind that they will expand due to the baking powder and egg whites. Enjoy!

Yields: 2 to 3 waffles made with this kind of iron.

2 comments:

Tazzy said...

Dad used to be the one who made them, especially on Saturday Mornings. Thanks for sharing the recipe because mom wants me to make her waffles on our waffle iron..And yes waffle days were the best..

Kat said...

Mom used to make them for me and Matt before seminary...which is what I was referring to.