Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 22: A Website

My favorite up and coming rock band: Neon Trees.

2 comments:

Nathan said...

I dunno, when you're getting played on the "camp vegas" commercials and appearing in stake dances, I'm pretty sure you're a pop band, not a rock band...

Kat said...

I will give you that "Animal" and "1983" are much more poppish than rockish, but I would contend that "Girls and Boys in School," "Love and Affection," and "Farther Down" are by far more rockish than poppish...and those songs won't get radio play because of that.

The "camp vegas" commercials and soundtrack promotions of "Animal" definitely are a sign of good marketing by Def Jam...they know how to get the music out there. The stake dances...well...they're Mormon...

Also, my definition of pop most definitely includes Brittney Spears and Lada Gaga...and I would definitely not classify Neon Trees in the same category as those two lame-o's.