Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...In April?

Yeah, yeah, I'm about 4 months late, but better late than never they always say.
  1. I resolve to get healthy. I attempted this when I first moved to Dallas and actually lost 20 pounds simply by changing my diet. (I affectionately refer to that 20 pounds as my CPA baby.) Upon discovery of the free usage of the Addison Gym and Rec Center, I have no excuse. It's go time.
  2. I resolve to diligently study for and pass the Audit section of the CPA exam this next time around. I understand that this might slightly conflict with #1.
  3. I resolve to actually budget and follow that budget. If you know me well you know I can spend money just as fast as I earn it. It's time to tighten in the reins, put a little away, and pay down that car loan ASAP.
  4. I resolve to make time for my social life, especially in building relationships that will lead to healthy habits and lasting friendships...and who knows? Maybe even one in particular that could last forever.
  5. I resolve to keep my apartment clean by really cleaning it every week.
  6. I resolve to be a better employee, to keep my distractions while I am at work at a minimum, and spend my time efficiently and effectively to get the job done with quality and integrity.
  7. I resolve to drink milk twice a day. That one's for you, Mama.
  8. I resolve to be a kinder person, to keep my vocal frustrations to a minimum, and to always put my best foot forward. This definitely ties to #4.
  9. I resolve to develop healthier sleeping habits, and to spend my time outside of work in a productive manner.
  10. Last, but certainly not least in any way, shape, or form, I resolve to strengthen my testimony by committing to reading my scriptures regularly and communicating with God on a daily basis, and to spend my time with people who will uplift me, help keep my goals in sight, and understand the desires of my heart so they can encourage me to keep the standards that I have set for myself.

2 comments:

Tamra Watson said...

You go girl! You can DOOOOOOOOO it :)

Suz said...

Great goals! You can do it!