Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just When You Think It Couldn't Get Worse

So in an earlier post which I have now decided prudent to delete (too long of an explanation and too irrelevant to discuss here), I discussed the frustrations of my work week. Basically, we have 20 returns due February 16. Our client has requested that we have them to him by Saturday, thus requiring us to FedEx them tomorrow. I learned last night that we had yet to get approval to begin filing a third set of returns (luckily there are only 2) because the Federal team hadn't released the Federal return to us. They released it at 5 o'clock today.

Please refer here.

So, with the above conditions looming over Dallas, our office closed at approximately 3 p.m. today. I stayed around until about 5:45, and I was glad I did so. Traffic was surprisingly non-existent (I think it's because the whole world decided to leave work at 3 p.m.).

Anyway, the point of my blog post tonight is explain how things went from bad to worse.

Bad: having 20 returns to do by Friday (complete with 2 reviews).
More bad: discovery that PA hasn't approved their K-1's in our tax software, requiring your's truly to hand prepare 47 K-1's in Adobe.
Worse: a giant snowstorm strikes Dallas, causing several necessary people to skip out of the office.
Even worse: the road conditions tomorrow may make it incredibly unlikely that we will make it to the office before 11 a.m.
Really?: in an attempt to process the returns ourselves (since the necessary people left at 2:30), we installed a program on the executive assistant's computer so she could help. Her computer subsequently crashed and IT wasn't around, and may or may not be around tomorrow to fix it.

In other, completely unrelated news, I discovered that I only like grapes when they are very chilled.

No comments: