Sunday, December 13, 2009

Clumsy Moment/Early Morning Mishaps

Most people who know me know that I am a bona fide Night Owl, and thereby am NOT in any way, shape, or form a morning person. This may come as a shock to those who know that I prefer early classes to afternoon or evening classes. That's just because I tend to fall asleep after lunch (food coma?). If you haven't figured out by now that I'm a night owl, you haven't been paying too close attention to the times on my posts. Generally they are between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m.

I don't carry on conversations well in the morning. When I have just woken up, I cannot make decisions, I am rather irritable, and am best left to go about my morning in complete silence. I don't like loud noises in the morning, and I certainly don't like being woken up by them. This morning, I learned that I could easily pass as drunk when it's early enough, despite the fact that I am completely sober.

We had a 6:30 a.m. flight this morning to come to good ol' Utah for my grandpa's funeral. That meant we needed to leave the house around 5:00 a.m. My two older brothers spent the night at the parental's last night and so we all crammed into the Taurus and made it one house down before my dad realized he didn't have his sunglasses. I then realized I didn't have mine. I was in the hump seat and Ben was on the side of the car I wanted to exit to go get my sunglasses. Well Ben got out, I climbed out, and I'm not sure what happened next. All I know is I started stumbling so badly I knew I was going to face plant and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Suddenly, Ben's car was in front of me and I ran into it, ramming my left knee into the bumper and half falling to the ground, barely holding myself up with the trunk. I was laughing so hard, I'm not sure how I made it to the garage to get my sunglasses out of my car.

I've had a lot of funny early morning moments, but I think this one far surpasses the rest.

1 comment:

Tali Nay said...

oh my gosh! this is hilarious slash i wish i could have seen it!