I just read up on the Scozzafava v. Palin issues that arose recently, and I was disappointed when Scozzafava said, "There is a lot of us who consider ourselves Republicans, of the Party of Lincoln. If they don't want us with them, we're going to work against them."
I don't like to make known my own party affiliations, but I'm sure that's pretty well figured from readers, so I'll go ahead and fess up that I'm registered, er, dkgiwhdkghaka ::cough cough::
What disappointed me about her comment was that she was willing to fight against her party because other politicians in her own party weren't supporting her because she is "moderate." Does she not recognize her responsibilities to the actual voting members of her party? It frustrates me that politicians are either way to the left or way to the right. We all know that the majority of Americans are moderate, either moderately Democrat or moderately Republican. Many people register Independent because of their disgust in both parties. We moderate Americans, be it Republican or Democrat, need to see political candidates who aren't extremely conservative or liberal.
Scozzafava, stay true to those members of your party who need you to be moderate, even if only to restore their faith in American politics. Screw the conservative Republican politicians who are so out of touch with reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment