Sunday, October 04, 2009

Plenty of Time

A friend of mine posted on Facebook something about being tired of all her friends getting married. Then another friend commented and said that she felt like she would be the only single person left soon. Girl #1 is in her early 20s (younger than me) and girl #2 is 19.

I counted, and 11 of my 18 college roommates (at least I know for sure 11, maybe more) are married. Some even have children. And that shoebox full of wedding invitations? I just counted and there are 40. I know that 1 did not have a happy outcome (didn't go through with the actual wedding) and some of those are for 2 friends (meaning I was good friends with bride AND groom).

And so, young, spring chickens. Have no fear. You have plenty of time to acquire 40 wedding invitations and marry off over 60 percent of your roommates.

No comments: