Wednesday, September 09, 2009

No Words

I came downstairs last night, walked into the kitchen, and there, on the computer with my parents eagerly watching, was a hernia surgery. I can't describe how disgusted I was.

The funny thing about this hernia surgery (on YouTube, mind you), was that at the end, they showed the patient getting up and walking away and THEN they had this cheesy jazz music playing with lyrics to the effect of "It's a new day..." I can't describe how ridiculous THAT was.

And due to popular demand, here it is. Warning, it's a surgery, so it's pretty gross.

Note: While watching it (to make sure it was the right video, of course), I noticed that the beginning was even MORE ridiculous than the ending. Just you wait.


4 comments:

Nathan said...

what, no link to the video?

Alex said...

That's funny! I've watched some surgeries on youtube and they are pretty nifty! I guess knowing what all is going to happen helps some people cope with the anxiety of surgery, I'm like that too.

Alex said...

Hmmm... interesting. What strikes me as odd is that during the surgery the patient was supposedly intubated (as would be appropriate under general anesthesia) but at the end he looks like he's been extubated and awake for quite a while... Did they just leave him on the operating table for an hour while he woke up? And why in the world would you make your patient jump off a high OR table right after a hernia repair and make him walk into recovery?!?! I get that they're trying to show the fast recovery and all, but seriously? They didn't make me walk out of the OR after my Lap! Good thing your parents are using this quack!

Kat said...

No no, you are just sedated during hernia surgery...