Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Game

In my BYU t-shirt and my OU visor, I set out to a watch party to see the second time BYU and OU have ever played. Clearly I was conflicted, I couldn't settle on a team to cheer for BEFORE the game and I couldn't DURING the game.

About halfway through the game, I decided that I would be MORE disappointed if OU lost, but I still had trouble rooting for either team. I mean, I love Cougar football. I went to games all the time and loved watching them kick some trash. But being from Oklahoma, I love those Sooners!

So when the Cougars won, I was okay. I was disappointed, of course, but considering my very own high school QB, THE Sam Bradford, Heisman winner and all, got hurt at the end of the first half, I think I'll take that "we" won/lost 14-13 and be content.

I can honestly say, way to go Cougs!

No comments: