First of all, I know I said I would vacate the blogging world, but what would my blog be without constant references to what I SHOULD be doing, right? But that's not what I'm going to blog about (even though the stress of the BEC exam come August 31 is causing me to be introverted/moody/sensitive/passive aggressive/irritable/pretty much PMS in a larger form).
Today was, well, a long day. I do know when to keep myself from others, most of the time. Today I should have recognized the signs. This is how my day went from bad to worse to stressful to bad then a jump to really great to bad to worse again. I know, try saying THAT 5 times fast.
First of all, yesterday was a really long day. I didn't feel well, I didn't eat enough, then I ate too much, and I was on campus for 13 hours. So you can imagine that I was tired. I woke up this morning with a "scratchy throat" and declined eating breakfast. I went back to sleep, only to be awoken again an hour later by someone who was invading my room. I decided to get up and run errands.
Then, I had to work by myself today. The baby pool was a mess from all the rain, so I worked on getting it all cleaned up. In the meantime, I made a phone call to the other guard telling her not to come in. I was at the same time messing with the hose in the skimmer basket and whoops! there goes my phone into the skimmer basket. I did not follow proper protocol in saving a water infested cell phone, and so it is officially dead.
Next, some kids at the pool found a "stray" dog in the creek (yes, the actual creek) by the pool and decided to "rescue" it and bring it into the pool. I was then left to figure out what to do with the poor thing. I ended up taking the sweet-tempered golden retriever who had recently had pups to the animal shelter because I knew my parents would kill me if I brought it home, even for the night. Plus, I decided to make this trek during rush hour. Driving home, I watched as a woman in a Trailblazer 4 cars behind me got out of our lane, into the lane that was merging into our lane in about 500 feet, and decided to get in front of me. Don't worry, she was on her cell phone. I should have honked. You would be proud that I didn't give her the finger.
I got home, got a few lectures (I'm still not quite sure what that was all about), and got ready to go out to dinner with some friends. I decided to swing by the pool on my way out to take some things up there. While driving, I passed a woman nailing up a lost dog sign to a telephone pole. I backed up, and explained to her what I had done. She was happy, and I was happy. I didn't feel like such a schmuck anymore, but wished I had just brought the dog home for a few days before taking her to the shelter.
Finally, dinner with friends, unbeknown to me, had turned into just drinks. And so, I sat there and wanted to cry. I was hungry. Plus our waiter was a jerk. The shoes I wore gave me blisters. When I got home I was bothered that I couldn't put my car in the garage (there's a storm coming), but I was even more bothered that I'd have to leave my car on the end of the driveway. So, I decided to put my car on the inside and someone else's on the end. That was fun.
And to top it all off, I did absolutely no Becker homework today.
1 comment:
Sorry it was such a rough day! Just remember a new day comes every day! Hope today is a bit better, if not MUCH better.
Post a Comment