So I'm lifeguarding for the summer. I'm working for the same company I worked for when I was in high school and happily get to guard at my own neighborhood pool. My manager is the owner's son, who is 20. I don't have any issue working for someone who is younger than me.
Last night we had a meeting with the entire company. Afterwards, our pool met together to work out the schedule for the next couple of weeks. I asked the manager a quick question to which he responded, "yes, ma'am." I'm not sure if I'm supposed to call him "sir," but I'm sure that I don't want to be called "ma'am" by my manager ever again.
2 comments:
That's hilarious! At least he was showing you a little bit of courtesy... considering your age ;)
That's awesome! I was called ma'am by one of my employees but it was comforting that he's respectful. If Kim called me ma'am I'm pretty sure I'd give him a strange look though...
Post a Comment