So I'm sitting at work today (remember I lifeguard) and it wasn't very busy. There were just a few people there toward the end, including two boys who seem to cause a lot of riff-raff, and a dad with four of his daughters.
So, the boys are 14 and 15 and like to goof around. Most of the time it just gets them into trouble when the pool is quite busy. So, when it isn't very busy, I actually have patience with them. So, they're goofing around, and 2 of the girls are hanging around me. The oldest girl, who very obviously is crushing on the 15 year old, and one of her sisters, start trash talking with the boys. The younger sister couldn't have been more than 11, and the older sister was 13.
Then, the younger sister comes up to me and starts telling me that I need to be aware that the two boys are doing inappropriate things. She used a specific term, and it was so ridiculous I was certain that she was confused. I was also slightly embarrassed because if it was a real term, she knew it and I did not. I'm supposed to be less naive than an 11 year old.
So I just looked the word up on Urban Dictionary and I can honestly say I was much happier without having known it. Also, I'm trying to figure out why an 11 year old girl would have any reason whatsoever to have overheard that term anywhere, especially since she is home schooled.
I am so appalled by the definition that I refuse to put the word on here because I know you'll go look it up like I did and I promise you, no good can come of it. All I will say is that it is an every day word that shouldn't be associated with what it is associated.
No comments:
Post a Comment