Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The Issue of the Cable Bill

I've often commented on how adult life brings all sorts of niceties with it, namely the handling and paying and setting up accounts for bills. I had another lovely encounter with adult life this morning.

I called my cable company to tell them that I wanted to stop my extended basic service and have only basic, in addition to adding on Internet. I especially wanted to get rid of my extended basic since it went up about $12 in March. The nice man on the other side had the audacity to tell me that my bill had NOT gone up, but that I had been paying $47 per month since September when I added service. I silently thought to myself, "Really? You're going to tell me how much I've been paying and how much has been printed on my bill for the last several months? You think I'm that stupid?" I then pulled out my trusty documentation and told him that it had and on exactly which bills the switch was made. He then said, "You're right." And then he stopped trying to get me to keep everything for a low price of $90 and let me cancel the extended basic and add the Internet. Basic and Internet bundled together with joy for the low price of $47. I hate paying bills.

No comments: