As mentioned previously, I am lifeguarding for the summer once again. I did this a long time ago, back when I was in high school. I'm pleased to report I'm not that much smarter than I was then. I successfully got a pretty bad sunburn. I guess the only improvement is that it is only on about 5% of my body: the midsection across my back that I couldn't quite reach with sunscreen.
Unfortunately, said midsection is where all of the following exist/take place/touch/etc.:
1. My bra strap
2. The back of any chair/couch/car seat
3. Pajama top whilst sleeping, even when sleeping on stomach or side
4. Blankets when sleeping on stomach or side (clearly sleeping on my back is completely out of the question: that would put mattress touching skin on top of full body weight plus clothing putting pressure on the burn)
5. Water when I take a shower, especially when I wash my hair
Seriously, this strip of skin is so small. It's about as big as both my hands put together. Unfortunately, it is in a prime spot to cause extreme pain when removing/putting on/wearing clothing, taking a shower, sitting in a 3 1/2 hour class, sleeping, etc.
Considering I'm about to have a scary mole removed from my right ear, I am/was very concerned about my skin this summer. While I am vain (I do/did want to get a decent tan), I also wanted to save myself from any major damage that is caused by sunburns.
Let's just hope this event is a one time, special event that ends quickly and doesn't repeat itself.
1 comment:
I'm feeling ya! I just got a sunburn today (and I was only outside for about an hour--WITH SUNSCREEN ON!). Hope your strip of burn feels better soon!
Post a Comment