
In my attempts to focus on homework, I put in my headphones and of course listened to the new Ben Folds album, Way to Normal. I'm halfway done with my Partnerships homework (it's all about the tax effects of a partner selling his interest in a partnership), and of course I'm done listening to the album and am further distracting myself by writing a critique of it right here.
It's pretty good, but I do like Songs for Silverman better. This one has the sticker on it, so be prepared for some F-bombs (surprisingly none are to be had in the song titled "Effington"). My favs are "Kylie from Connecticut," "Effington," "Cologne," and the one with Regina Spektor "You Don't Know Me." It didn't wow me like I thought it would, but it's okay. He's still a musical genius.
2 comments:
You didn't like the opening track? You've got the nod to Elton John, a great story about falling off the stage, and you probably missed this cause you didn't have the album artwork handy, but the actual "picture of what's in my head" is included behind the CD.
I forgot to add that last night. I meant to comment that I highly appreciate the song and the story behind it.
Post a Comment