So, I've spent the past few days here in Utah. It's been fun to catch up with old friends, but weird that I've probably got no one left here but my family. Strange...
Some observations I've had on my trip include:
I remember why I hate Utah drivers: they ride in the left lane paying no attention to anyone else around them on the freeway, they honk at you because you don't turn right at a stop light because if you did you'd get hit by oncoming traffic, and they run red lights like it's perfectly normal.
I remember why I hate the bathrooms in the TNRB (the Tanner building where the Marriott School of Management is located): in order to appeal to all heights of women, the toilets are short enough for a small child to have no trouble climbing up; the sink is high enough for a woman of 6' to comfortably wash her hands; and the paper towel dispenser is once again short enough for a small child.
I remember that OKC is the easiest town to get around: the lights here are ALL timed, meaning you waste probably a gallon of gas every day just SITTING at a stop light waiting for it to change even though oncoming traffic is completely nonexistent. Also, no one puts addresses on houses in a visible fashion here, and the roads are all jacked up and go in whichever direction.
I remember that the people here are RUDE: which probably doesn't help the Utah driver mentality. People don't want to chat it up with you casually while you wait in line, they don't smile at you when you smile at them, and they have no problem cutting you in line at a store when you have 1 item and they have 15.
I guess it is a good thing I got out when I could. I'll be happy to get back to the "South" where life is a little more normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment