It would seem these days that I can't come up with any clever posts of my own. I stole this post idea from the very same cousin I stole the Colorstrology post idea. I guess I'm not as original as I thought. Too bad I don't care more, I suppose.
Google is for cheaters. The name of the game is name the song and/or artist. Don't look them up. The person who guesses the most correctly wins 100 points. People, in my book, that's a big deal.
Song 1:
Girl, your daddy's knocking on the door.
I hear your footsteps on the floor to me.
Stumbling back to your room.
Song 2:
It's nine to seven
Why aren't things wild?
You said you was a flower child.
Song 3:
Oh I'll twine with my mingles and raven black hair
With the roses so sweet and the lilies so fair
And the myrtles so bright with the emerald dew
The pale and the leader and eyes look like blue
Song 4:
She comes out on Fridays every time
Stands out in the line
I could have been anyone she'd seen
Song 5:
[Song title] sells for three dimes a night
Morning helps us find her way blind
And I love her more than I can tell
Heaven help me now
Seems I found to find her just as well
Song 6:
Spent my days with a woman unkind
Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine
Made up my mind to make a new start
[Song title] with an aching in my heart
Song 7:
[Kind of song title]
Kick the heels in the Brooklyn dirt
I know it isn't dignified to run
But if you run
You can run to the Coney Island roller coaster
Song 8:
Now's the time for stepping out of place
Get up on your feet and give account of your faith
Pray to God or something or whatever you do
Song 9:
Won't you smile you looked so shocked
Put the name tag on your smock
We've come to see ya [song title]
Song 10:
I want to be [song title]
Drive a faster car
To take me anywhere in seconds
To take me anywhere I want to go
Song 11:
[Song title] waiting
Everything's easy now
And the days are oh so normal
Song 12:
[Song title] babe
With a burning inside
Yeah I'm [song title]
With a happiness that died
I let it get away, paying every day
Song 13:
You spend all your time waiting for that second chance
For the break that would make it okay
There's always some reason to feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
Song 14:
That there, that's not me
I go where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the liffey
Song 15:
[Song title]
[Song title]
Hit me, come get me
I bite but she bit me
"legalese" (aka, nonsense)
Step 1: Put your iPod (or other music player) on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line (unless the first line reveals the song title) from the first 15 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and song title correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
Step 5: If you like the game, post your own.
2 comments:
Song 1:
It's totally BTE, but I can't remember the song title.
Song 9:
This is your Life - Ben Folds
Song 12:
this is an oldies song. no idea what the name or artist is though!
Song 13:
Angel - Sarah McLachlan
Ok, so this was a lot harder than I thought! Geez. and btw, I am not that original either, a friend posted this on facebook, so there ya go. it's the gift that keeps on giving!
Dude! For the most part you totally stumped me. Except..
song 10 - traci chapman, fast car.
and
song 14 - one of my top 10 songs ever... radiohead, exit music (for a film).
you rock.
Post a Comment