Once upon a time, a somewhat "wise" graduate advisor encouraged me to set my graduation date as December 2009 and include in my schooling at OK State their elective Becker CPA review course. Becker is one of the top CPA prep courses in the country and has excellent results. I had plans to take it regardless, but decided that pushing back my graduation date from August to December 2009 wasn't what I wanted to do. I schemed, told my company that I would be ready to start September 2009, and planned to take the exam in June and July of 2009 and pray I passed all four sections of the hardest test known to mankind (I'm not exaggerating).
Then, one day in July I decided that maybe there was something to what the "wise" graduate advisor wanted for me. Right before I got my offer for a full-time job, I ran down to my recruiter and explained to her that I was pushing back my graduation until December 2009 and that I wouldn't be available to start full time until after that. I then got my offer with a start date of January 2010. My schedule was then changed: I dropped a summer practicum class and added the Becker class in the Fall 2009 semester. I would be taking the class and sitting for the exam at the same time. I would start in January 2010 with the CPA behind me, a MAcc in hand, and ready for busy season. I know, I'm a genius.
Imagine my surprise when my best friend called me yesterday and delivered some shocking news: Becker class will no longer be offered during the Fall or Spring, but instead the Summer. And while it would probably be cancelled this Fall, it probably would not be offered until next Summer: 2010.
I don't really know what else to say. I think it all speaks for itself.
1 comment:
For some reason Alanis Morissette's Ironic popped into my head while reading this post.
Post a Comment