Friday, January 23, 2009

And It Begins...

Obama already reversed the long debated policy to allow U.S. funding for abortions and abortion awareness. I still have a hard time with him putting abortion into the "family planning" category. I also have a hard time with him making statements like "this will save women's lives all around the world." Yes, it may save lives, but how many lives are being taken simply because women don't want to take responsibility for their actions?

And my long defended stance on the issue: for me it's a matter of where the buck stops. Come on, ladies, be responsible if you're going to sleep around.

(As previously posted many times before, I am not for making abortions illegal because I do feel that there are medical reasons for them to occur. I simply believe that a woman shouldn't be allowed to kill a living thing inside of her simply because it's "her" body and because she doesn't want the child because she didn't use proper contraceptives...or use them properly. I'm all for women's rights, but I'm also for human rights.)

No comments: