Thursday, November 06, 2008

Shoe Clinic Sucks

I had my mom take my beautiful navy blue shoes (that match my navy blue suit perfectly) to the Shoe Clinic in OKC (Rockwell & Hefner) per the recommendation of my best friend. The woman specifically asked if the shoes were blue or black, and my mom of course informed her that they were blue. The woman told my mom they would be ready on Tuesday.

They weren't ready on Tuesday, and when my mom went into pick them up the lady was a total wench to her. We went back this afternoon to get them.

Once the woman found my shoes (it took her a little too long), I looked at them and they looked fine to me (she did a good job repairing them). It wasn't until I got home that I started wondering that my navy shoes weren't suddenly black shoes. I turned on all the lights in the kitchen and started putting my shoes next to black and blue objects. Sure enough, they were indeed black.

So then I get on the internet, looking for ways to take off the black polish. I am successful and find out that denatured alcohol or White Spirit will do the trick. All I can find is rubbing alcohol. I close my eyes, pour the stuff on a cloth, and pray that I'm not ruining my shoes. I then start rubbing away. Black polish starts coming off, and I can see remnants of the beautiful navy underneath. My dad finally comes into the kitchen and informs me that he has some blue polish. He went and found it and showed me how to polish them up. He then buffed them for me. They are definitely NOT the same color they were before, but they are indeed blue once again.

So, while the Shoe Clinic repair woman did a marvelous job with the heels and toes of my beautiful Tahari pumps, I wouldn't recommend her to a soul. Unfortunately,I have another pair of pumps that need the same work done. I really wish I knew of another shoe repair place around town, but since this pair is black already, I really shouldn't have a problem, right?

2 comments:

Suz said...

I HATE it when people mess up my favorite things! Sorry they aren't the same color. I wish I knew of some place to get them fixed. But since they are black you should be safe...unless she thinks these ones are blue...

Alex said...

Oh man, that is a bum sucky! I'm sorry, I don't know of any shoe repair places either... good luck!