Friday, October 17, 2008

Hand Sanitizer

I was taken out to eat to Mexico Joe's this evening by PwC employees out of the Tulsa office. We were chatting away, enjoying our chips and salsa, and suddenly a man walks through the door and requests a table for one. He had, no joke, a 16 oz. bottle of hand sanitizer--the pump bottle kind--in his hands. He was seated somewhat near us, and as expected, he eyed that table very carefully before he sat down. I half expected him to pump some of it into a napkin and wipe down the table and booth, but apparently it somewhat met his expectations because he sat down after about 10 seconds. I didn't pay attention to him the rest of the night, but I'm willing to bet he wiped down everything with that nasty stuff before he breathed.

4 comments:

Alex said...

OCD-much? Thats hillarious! How's Twilight comeing along, by the way? You have about a month left!!! :)

Suz said...

Someday you and I will be able to experience the weirdness together...until then we must simply blog about it...

R* said...

ahem. i used to carry hand sanitizer around with me. then again, i spent 99.999998% of my days/nights in public places and/or sleeping in a bed that who knows how many others had slept in before me. sooooo, i think a little OCD and a lot of alcohol based hand sanitizer is great!

Kat said...

It wasn't the fact that he had hand sanitizer. Believe me, I have it in my backpack and my purse. Rather, it was the fact that he just marched into the restaurant with it in his hands like it was no big deal.