Monday, October 20, 2008

An Effort to Avoid Doing Homework

Today I have done a spectacular job of avoiding school work. It has been glorious, except for that nagging in the back of my mind telling me that when tomorrow comes I'm going to be very, very upset with myself. These are the things that I have done today in an effort to avoid homework. Please note that I usually choose productive things to do when I avoid homework. I do credit msyelf in this, it's a talent I believe.

1. Talked on the phone to my mom and my 2 best friends for a cumulative total of 1.5 hours.
2. Cleaned the entire apartment, including pouring Clorox down the drains in the bathroom because a) they have developed a certain unpleasant scent and b) they aren't draining very well. I also did the dishes, swept the kitchen floor, wiped down the counters and table, dusted a little, and even vacuumed the floor with that good smelling Glade carpet freshener stuff.
3. I of course bathed. Necessary step to looking highly attractive.
4. Went to two separate offices to enroll in two separate courses next semester that I couldn't register for online.
5. Graded quizzes.
6. Went through the tests I had already graded in a futile attempt to give 3 points back to those who were deserving, but alas, only 1 out of 150 was deserving.
7. Looked up effective conflict resolution techniques.
8. Fed myself.
9. Printed off stuff to do my assignments.
10. Writing this whilst eating delicious Wheat Thins.

Now, while this laundry list is terribly boring for most of you, do note, as mentioned previously, with what kind of determination I avoid doing this homework. I will further postpone some of it by attending FHE this evening. We are playing Cops and Robbers. I will have to post something about that adventure at a later time simply because it will be quite the fun experience I believe.

Okay, I'm committing myself to my Tax Research homework starting...now!

1 comment:

R* said...

that must be the clark in you. my apartments were always spotless during finals week!