Can you believe it? Well, to many of you it may not be a surprise.
I'm in a self-defense class and we are required to practice outside of class about an hour every week. I had my first practice session, in which I dragged my good friend (we'll call him The Good Sport) over, promised him dinner, in return for some wrastling of the awkward variety. Namely, me trying to eventually get him in the sleeper hold by getting myself from out from under him. Fascinating, I know. I'm almost positive that my face was beet red 90 percent of the time.
Here's how it went: I started out nicely. I didn't mention what the moves would entail, as I was fairly embarrassed due to the nature of the "attack." I showed him what the sleeper hold would feel like, I did a typical "you are standing above me in a threatening way and so I shall use my legs and your arms to knock you over and stand myself up safely," etc. Then I sat on the couch, faced him, and said that the rest of the evening might include some awkward positions of him on top of me and that we were all adults and could handle it well. That's about the time that my face got rather red, and stayed that way. I managed to finally get on his back and put him in a sleeper hold (I got a few good chokes out of him). But at one point, I'm pretty sure he stood up whilst I was attached to his neck. That was fun. I almost got body slammed (he joked about it, and then I let go quickly, falling to the floor).
I concluded by sharing some delicious and not-so-nutritious cookies with him, we had a little chat, and then I sent him on his way, making sure that he knew I appreciated his willingness to let me pretty much crawl all over him.
In the end, it was a very fruitful experience: I learned that I have a false sense of security after having been able to throw around my 5'3" roommate and that when it comes to a 6'1" male (not that much taller than me) I am screwed.
1 comment:
That's hillarious! You didn't get in on tape, did you? ;) No worries, I bet that by the end of the semester you'll be able to beat the snot out of him! Good luck!
Post a Comment