I saw an amazing documentary last Friday called New York Doll about the final months, days, of Arthur "Killer" Kane's (of the New York Dolls) life. I only have it on my mind because I just wrote a paper on it, but I really think that everyone who can should see it. It's amazing, and definitely explains a lot about my life somehow (not really sure how I can explain it in words).
Saturday night became an evening of mourning as we said our final goodbyes to my grandmother. She is still alive, but I probably won't see her again in this life, as she is in Ogden and I won't have the opportunity to go up there to visit. I don't want that when I am dying. I don't ever want to be in a state of "dying." I hope that I can live a full life and then one day just croak; I guess kind of go down in a blaze of glory. That way everyone can know that I have lived a full and amazing life and then they can celebrate that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what I want. No dying. Just death.
On a more positive note, the law boy and I swapped books. I gave him Tuesdays with Morrie and he gave me The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis. This is my first real introduction to C.S. Lewis and I am loving every moment of it. What took me so long? I don't know. Lazy, I guess. In true Techno Kath fashion, it takes something dramatic to get me motivated. In this case, the opportunity to build an amazing relationship with a guy. Go figure. Nevertheless, I am reading and it is great.
No comments:
Post a Comment