Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Beginning of the Holidaze

I've been a little MIA lately. Basically a lot of preparation (physical, spiritual, and emotional) has been going into last weekend.

Invitations were made and went out:


 In the meantime, I went and saw Glen Phillips and Grant-Lee Phillips in concert:



And had a giant bonfire down at my friend's farm, complete with jamming out to the guitar with my buddy Kyle:


The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I started baking for Thanksgiving:


I made it through my entire list! And my brilliant friend Berg suggested the best thing to top off a busy day - a pedicure! It promptly replaced one of the items on the list:


Thanksgiving Day started out bright and early at 4:30. I took my friend Chris to the airport en route to picking up my friend Brett. We got home around 6, talked for an hour or so, then both passed out. I woke up around 9 to get started on the meal. Our friends started arriving around 3 and we started the feast around 3:30. We had a pretty big crowd (10 people total!). For some reason, I didn't take any pictures of the rest of Thanksgiving - just the place setting...
 

Post dinner we went and did Korean Family Karaoke with a group of friends. The rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of the best of Dallas - the Aquarium, Sixth Floor Museum, Whirlyball, Galleria (where I picked up these beauties), Biking around White Rock Lake, The Porch, Torchy's Tacos, and ICE! @ the Gaylord Texan.


This week I got up the Christmas decorations. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! (Even if we are experiencing 80 degree weather here in Texas in December!)



No comments: